Programs at Golf Courses
The First Tee of Central Arkansas uses golf to teach youth life lessons and leadership skills. Sessions include a fun, group setting for youth ages 5 to 17 regardless of background or previous experience. Teaming up with experts in positive youth development, The First Tee helps youth become good golfers and even better people.
A Youth Program Unlike Any Other
The First Tee emphasizes Nine Core Values: honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, respect, confidence, responsibility, perseverance, courtesy and judgment. Through golf and our core values, your kids and teens will learn life skills like:
- Making proper introductions
- Managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
Advancing through the Program
From age 5 through 17, youth progress through different levels by demonstrating The First Tee Nine Core Values, life and golf skills as well as passing an assessment. All participants regardless of age start at the Target level. The pinnacle of The First Tee is completing Ace.
- Target (required minimum age 5) -Tee up for the first time and learn the game of golf and The First Tee’s Code of Conduct.
- PLAYer (required minimum age 7) – Special emphasis on golf and life skills as well as reinforcing The First Tee’s Code of Conduct.
- Par (recommended minimum age 9) – Focus on interpersonal and self-management skills on and off the course.
- Birdie (recommended minimum age 11) – Emphasis on setting goals and making them a reality.
- Eagle (recommended minimum age13) – Learn resilience, conflict resolution, and future planning.
- Ace (required minimum age 14 or entering 9th grade) – Put it all together and hone in on setting goals, career education, and giving back to the community.
2020 LSE Schedule
Spring (Session 1) (February 15 – May 16)
Summer (Session 2) (May 30 – August 8)
Fall (Session 3) (September 12 – December 5)
TARGET (9-10 am)
PAR (10:30-11:30 am)
PLAYer (1-2 pm)
Birdie/Eagle/Ace (2-3 pm)
Weekday Class Schedule
*Check schedule for days offered
Tuesday (Ages 7-11) 4-5 pm
Thursday (Ages 12+) 4-5 pm
Ask us about scholarships for financial need.
The Power of Relationships
“I consider my coaches at The First Tee to be some of the most important mentors I had growing up.” –alumnus
The First Tee coaches are trained to create positive relationships that inspire youth to discover their individual potential. Our programs help young people build confidence, develop respect and appreciate the value of giving back to our community all while learning the lifelong sport of golf.